Naruto Savage Lands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ryo : 13954

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Left_bar_bleue200/200Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Ai sat with her feet dangling from the branch she sat on high in the tree tops. The two genin and the Sannin had probably moved on by now. Who knows what kind of training they were doing and what high level techniques that the two ninjas were learning. Ai sat back against the trunk of the tree and looked up at the sky. "I hope I made the right decision," she said to herself. Even though Ai had never known Pucko personally, she knew that he was near her level of skill. With him gone, she wondered who she would be able to train with now.
Back to top Go down
Tokugawa Katsumoto
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Tokugawa Katsumoto

Ryo : 11200

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Left_bar_bleue240/240Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Empty_bar_bleue  (240/240)

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Katsumoto was headed back to the village, wondering when the favor he promised would be used. He kicked a rock around and then looked up to see two feet dangling from a pretty huge branch. It looked like it might be the girl who he had just kinda met earlier. Katsumoto wondered why she declined the one named Raleth's offer. Still she looked as if she was deep in thought and full of conflict. Katsumoto knew then that he had to offer help. "Hey, I saw you earlier. Why don't you come down so I can finally properly introduce myself?" Katsumoto waved and thought to himself "She needs support from someone who will listen to her feelings and give sufficient answers to questions." Katsumoto then waited to see if she'd come down.
Back to top Go down
Skar
Tsurukage
Skar

Ryo : 12806

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Left_bar_bleue320/320Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Empty_bar_bleue  (320/320)

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:04 pm

It was in the midday, and Skar was high atop the Tree of Serenity in the center of the village, high above most of the trees he had formed his village out of. He was dressed with the lower half of his Kage robes, baring his torso to the breeze among the clouds. He had his village headband tied around his right bicep.

His eyes closed, he silently sat among the branches and leaves of the forest, meditating as the hours of the day waned by. Against the will of the bustling forest floor far beneath him, his mind remained completely at rest. All thoughts had been let go, his state of mind now as deep as the sea to the east of his village. He was at pure content and calmness, that is until he heard voices from beneath him.

He used the voice below him as a catalyst. He followed the voice that pierced his ear slowly deeper into his mind, until he reached the point where he could flick on his mind again. His conscience slowly became more active, his heartrate returned to normal, and he began to breathe at a decent pace once again. Once his mind was fully alert once more, he opened his eyes and looked down to see where the source of the voice was. He noticed a girl sitting in a tree below him, and further down on the ground was a young man.

He decided that he was intrigued by these two people, and wanted to observe them further before pursuing their purposes. He leaned down against his branch, high above the eyesight of these two people, and watched them. Who were these two people? His curiosity was sparked, and now he needed to find out who they were. As the Tsurukage, it was his duty to know everyone in his village anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Left_bar_bleue200/200Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:53 am

"Hey, I saw you earlier. Why don't you come down so I can finally properly introduce myself?" The voice startled Ai. How could she have been so oblivious to let someone walk right up underneath her without even noticing. She looked down in the direction the words came from and saw the young Samurai she had seen earlier when she was talking with Raleth.

"I heard you introduce yourself to the Sannin. Toku.... something right?" She smiled politely at the young warrior. Other than hearing his name during the exchange earlier between herself, the other genin, Raleth, and this Samurai though, she knew nothing about him. While his demeanor told her that he seemed friendly, Ai chose the cautious path just to be safe.

"I can hear you fine from up here, Samurai. Why don't you tell me your name again and we'll see where it goes from there." She flashed a sly smile, this time a little more genuinely friendly then the last. "And while you're at it, why don't you tell me what it is that brings you to my village."
Back to top Go down
Tokugawa Katsumoto
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Tokugawa Katsumoto

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Left_bar_bleue240/240Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Empty_bar_bleue  (240/240)

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:10 pm

"I heard you introduce yourself to the Sannin. Toku.... something right?" Katsumoto smiled and nodded. "I can hear you fine from up here, Samurai. Why don't you tell me your name again and we'll see where it goes from there." Then saw how she was still cautious. Katsumoto then wondered what made her this way. Not that it was a bad thing, it's just usually people can see a persons intentions by their body language.

"Ah, I see you still don't trust me. My name is Tokugawa Katsumoto Katsumoto then smiled and looked towards the setting sun from there he slowly lost his smile, "My Daimyo and his entire family was killed, my country was conquered, and I lost my wife and my kids to assassins. All I have left is a few good men scattered throughout the continents in hiding. I was the Shogun of my country and my men who trusted me had to surrender to save their families from an army that was twenty times our side, we fought long and hard but apparently to no avail. I am in your village to see if I can find any volunteers and some allies to help me raise an army to take back my peoples land. I hope you now understand now my intentions, or at least see that you can trust me. Katsumoto then turned towards her, trying to stop the tears from flowing because it was unbecoming of him to do so. He then sensed someone watching them and turned towards where he felt the being was at.
Back to top Go down
Skar
Tsurukage
Skar

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Left_bar_bleue320/320Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) Empty_bar_bleue  (320/320)

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:02 am

Skar kept watching the man and the woman far below him. He became entriqued when the man entered into a longer monologue. "That can't just be small talk anymore.." he thought to himself curiously. Just then, he noticed the man look in his direction vaguely. It was apparent he knew not the exact location of Skar high above the trees, but something tipped him off at least. He contemplated for a few intricate moments before deciding to act. "Might as well," he said allowed to himself quietly. He leaped off of the branch that held him suspended in the air, and fell freely down into the forest. He soared through the air for what seemed like hours, but in reality was only seconds. On his way down, he caught a passing branch, swung around it like an acrobat, and used it to slingshot himself onto the branch directly above the girl. He then leaned down to look her in the eye, "And what brings you two into my forest?"
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:21 am

Ai almost fell the branch she was seated on as the Tsurukage leaned down to look her in the eyes. Ai never knew he was in the forest, much less moving towards them. She didn't beat herself up about this as much as she did about the samurai though. After all, this was the kage.

"Lord Tsurukage!" Ai clambered to her feet and gave a low bow before standing straight again to address Skar.

"I was..." she paused as she considered whether or not to mention the Sannin. After a moment though, she decided that as the kage of the village, he probably already knew most of what went on in this forest anyway. "I was reflecting on my decision to stay here in Morigakure rather than following Raleth, one of the Sannin, for training."

She turned her gaze away from Skar as she continued, "I come to this tree often when I need to think."

The young genin looked toward the samurai with a nod as she spoke again, "And this samurai was just telling me what brings him to our village."
Back to top Go down
Tokugawa Katsumoto
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Tokugawa Katsumoto

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:32 am

Katsumoto watches as the man swung through the trees and landed on the girl's tree above her. Katsumoto then out of instinct put his hand on his sword and faced the man. Then he heard the girl scream out "Lord Tsurukage!" and watched as she bowed. This relieved Katsumoto's worries so he loosened his grip on his sword and bowed slightly in respect.

""And this samurai was just telling me what brings him to our village." Katsumoto then nodded in agreement and looked at the leader of Morigakure.
Back to top Go down
Skar
Tsurukage
Skar

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:52 am

Skar chuckled lightly with a kind demeanor as the young shinobi stammered to greet him. After she greeted him, he jumped to the floor, next to the man. "Calm, child, the peaceful times we live in require not the need for unnecessary greetings. And am I really above you, so that I need some special greeting? No, I am a shinobi, your kinsfolk in fact," he then proceeded to bow to her lightly, then looked up into her eyes. "But enough of this small conversation, I lost myself in the enjoyment of common speech. You say you were offered training from a Sannin? A worthy offer, I'm sure. Tempting, as well, it may seem. And you chose to stay here, with me?" the Tsurukage grinned again as he said this. "I am honored then, to meet one so bold. I will not let your decision go vainly. As for this tree, I'm sure it has helped you on your journey down the path of life. Living among the trees is a great aspect in the life of our forest," he said. He then looked to the branch she had just been sitting on, and hummed a melancholy tune. The branch grew slowly towards his outstretched hand, and blossomed a delicate lily. He picked it, and offered it to the girl. "For you," he said with a kindly expression mounted on his face. He was proud that the girl had chosen his village, and decided he would soon give her an offer: an act of good faith and friendship, as well as dedication and the will for knowledge.

"And you," he started as he turned to the man next to him, "A samurai, yes? No doubt you have vast stories worthy of being sung through epics and ballads in my halls. Although, now is not the time to speak of them, for my time with you both is short-lived." He turned and looked gravely to the young girl, "Although, I do have some moments of spare time to fit into my diplomatic life. You say that this samurai was about to tell you of his reasons to be in my village?"
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Ai smiled and brushed her hair back from her face as she took the flower from the Tsurukage. Her cheeks reddened a little and she dropped her gaze as she felt the heat rush to her face. Being acknowledged by the leader of her village was no small thing to the young genin and she didn't take it lightly.

"You say you were offered training from a Sannin? A worthy offer, I'm sure. Tempting, as well, it may seem. And you chose to stay here, with me?"

Suddenly, Ai felt foolish for even bringing Raleth up in the conversation. She kept her gaze down respectfully as she answered. "It was a worthy offer, sir. I'm sure there will be some that think less of me for not taking it, but my loyalty is to this village and your leadership. This village is all I've ever known afterall."

"You say that this samurai was about to tell you of his reasons to be in my village?"

Ai shot a quick look at Tokugawa before turning back to the Tsurukage. She wasn't sure if it was her place to tell the samurai's business or not, but she also knew that she had a duty to obey her kage. And right now, her kage wanted to know what the samurai had told her.

She looked back to Tokugawa and said, "I mean you no dishonor by telling your business, buy my first loyalty is to my kage. This is part of my nindo, my ninja way."

Turning back to Skar she continued, "He was a shogun in his home country. His family was killed and he is here looking for recruits and allies in his quest in building his army to take back to his country."

She turned back to the samurai and flashed a warm smile, hoping she didn't upset him, as she added, "And if my opinion counts, he seems trustworthy."
Back to top Go down
Tokugawa Katsumoto
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Tokugawa Katsumoto

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:45 am

"I mean you no dishonor by telling your business, buy my first loyalty is to my Kage. This is part of my nindo, my ninja way. He was a shogun in his home country. His family was killed and he is here looking for recruits and allies in his quest in building his army to take back to his country. And if my opinion counts, he seems trustworthy."

Katsumoto smiled as she apologised and told her Kage his business. He just looked at her and nodded then said "You bring me no dishonor. Your loyalty to your kage should come first. As is your nindo so is my Bushido. You are more honorable then even the Sannin we met earlier. Besides I had meant to meet with the Kage of this village and speak to him about this matter personally.

Katsumoto then looked towards her, then her Kage and bowed slightly. " It is a privilege to meet people who still follow a code of honor in this world."

Back to top Go down
Skar
Tsurukage
Skar

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:16 am

As the girl accepted his gift, he noted the blush in her delicate cheeks that she poorly hid by brushing her hair back. He then listened to her speak. But then, as she began speaking, she continued to look down to the ground. To him, it seemed as a misguided term of respect of his authority. He admired her honor, but was concerned by her formality; he would address it after listening to her monologue.

Upon her response as far as the Sannin situation went, Skar was pleased. He was proud to have shinobi in his village that were as concerned for their own pride, as well as their dignity, as well as the dignity of their obligations. That right there was something rarely found in this chaotic modern world. She then told him briefly of the samurai's background. By the way it sounded, there was more to him than she had revealed, but it appeared as if she had spoken of all that she knew herself. That was good, Skar Dovahkiin looked for honesty in his people. This girl was beginning to impress Skar with her knowledge and integrity for respect, as well as overall kindness. After she told him of her opinion regarding the trustworthiness of the samurai, Skar nodded and said simply in one word, "Noted."

Now, it was the samurai's turn to speak. He listened to the samurai's request to seek a private audience with him, to which Skar agreed to. "It appears, my friend, that we do indeed have much to discuss. I will send a letter to you, so look for my seal. At that point, I welcome you into my castle. But for now, young girl," he said as he turned to the young ninja, "I would like to know your name? I have much to discuss with you as well. And now appears good a time as ever, wouldn't you say? Also, no need to look to the floor when you speak to me. You are in my village. A friend, not an inferior. What better way to communicate than through the beautiful doors to the soul?" he said, indirectly complimenting the girl's eyes. He'd hoped to become friendly with her. If his next proposition were to be accepted, he would not want his student to think of him as much as an authority, than as a friend.
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:36 am

Ai continued to feel the heat in her cheeks, but did as she was told. She raised her gaze until she stared into her kage's eyes. She could see a kindness in them, but also a strength that made her glad that he was on her side. His eyes, to her, showed years of experience and battle prowess but also a wisdom and she figured to herself that it was probably these qualities that made him kage of a village.

When Skar asked her name, she fought the urge to look down as she answered. To combat her instinctive urge, she forced her chin up. For a moment, she worried that she may look a bit silly, but she was willing to do whatever it took to follow orders.

"My name is Ai Takahashi. I'm the daughter of Junko Takahashi, who died giving birth to me, and Toshio Takahashi who, as I'm sure you know, was a former ninja for our village." Ai decided not to go into the details of her fathers disgrace or the fact that he now lived in a bottle of sake. That could be a conversation for another time.

"I'm very honored to meet you and be speaking with you face to face."
Back to top Go down
Tokugawa Katsumoto
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Tokugawa Katsumoto

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:42 am

""It appears, my friend, that we do indeed have much to discuss. I will send a letter to you, so look for my seal. At that point, I welcome you into my castle." Katsumoto nodded and said "Yes, we have a lot to discuss. Sadly I don't have a residence anywhere and can't afford a place to stay. Would either of you be so kind as to help me with this issue? Katsumoto looked at both of them and bowed slightly.

"I am a lowly Ronin at the moment and don't deserve much, if you even have a dog house you are willing to allow me to stay in I will accept it. Katsumoto then bowed lower and then straightened up. Then looking at Ai he said, "Ah, yes you still haven't introduced yourself to me."
Back to top Go down
Skar
Tsurukage
Skar

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:59 am

Skar smiled and nodded as the young girl, who he had learned to be Ai, succeeded in looking him in the eyes as she spoke. "Very good," he thought to himself. As she looked up into his eyes, he felt a strange peace creep over him. A strange feeling. Was that happiness? Or was it false hope? Skar would ponder on it later, but for now, he had important matters to talk of to these two. As he listened to her genetic background, he frowned when he heard the name "Toshio," although he did not, and would not, hold that against her. Every person in this feeble world should have the opportunity to make their own legend; nothing more and nothing less.

"And I, milady, am very honored to meet you," he finished his small conversation with her. He would wait until it was he and Ai Takahashi alone before revealing his momentous offer to her. He then turned to the man after listening to him speak, and said, "You lack a proper home, my friend? No worries. Plants, no matter what size, have always had a way of repaying their planters. Sing a song, and if your heart is into the song, the plant will give you what you wish," hinting to the man that he was permitted to create his own home where-ever he may want one. "Although, if you do not wish to test your literature on the forest, there is a local inn nearby. Go in, and ask for the attic room. By the time you get there, it will have been paid in full for the next month. That gives you thirty days to find a home. No matter where you choose to go, however, my letter will find its way to you."
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:34 am

Ai caught a flicker of recognition in the Tsurukage's face as she said her fathers name.

Toshio Takahashi was well known in Morigakure. It had been 10 years ago now that he had gotten 3 genin killed during a mission that they should have never been on. Officially, it had been declared an accident since Toshio had taken them out on a routine C-rank mission. There was very little danger that could have befallen them, but had Toshio paid more attention to the maps of the area they were moving through he would have seen the high concentration of bandits that were there. Instead, he had taken it for granted that the mission would be an easy one and went out ill prepared. Even though he himself was a chuunin level ninja and a taijutsu expert, the sheer number of bandits had overwhelmed them. Had this been the least of it, he would have been looked at as incompetent, but his honor would have been intact, except for the deaths of the genin. However, when the investigation was complete what was exposed sealed his fate within the forest village. It was discovered, that instead of attempting to protect his team, Toshio had instead fled to protect himself. And while the deaths were declared an accident officially, Toshio was stripped of his title as shinobi and forced to live as a normal villager. The rest of Morigakure had never forgiven him.

Ai had only been 7 years old at the time, but she had lived with the stigma of being related to him ever since.

The Tsurukage didn't seem like he was holding her fathers sins against her though, and that let her confidence grow as she waited and listened to him offer the samurai a place to stay. Something in her hoped that Tokugawa would take the offer. This man seemed mysterious, and she hoped she would get the chance to know him better.
Back to top Go down
Tokugawa Katsumoto
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Tokugawa Katsumoto

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Katumoto listened as the Kage was stating what he could do for a place to stay. It would be nice to have a house but it wasn't the time to settle down nor was it right for him to put any more strain on the village. If he stayed much longer enemy agents might attack the village itself. Yet at the inn, the village would have plausible deniability if he was found there.

"It wouldn't be right for me to move here where no one knows me." Katsumoto said keeping part of his reason hidden for not doing so. "However, I humbly take your offer to stay at the inn. I will head there right away." Katsumoto then bowed to both the woman who was looking at him deeply and the Kage who was kind enough to offer a lowly Ronin room and board. He then set off walking towards the inn, never looking back, never stopping, and with his head held high.

--->EXIT
Back to top Go down
Skar
Tsurukage
Skar

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Skar looked for a glance of growing self esteem in the girl as he passed on his silent philosophy to her. And then, the samurai began to respond to him. Skar nodded when he heard the man's opinions, and eventually his decision. He was a repectable man thus far, and he would gladly fund his stay at the inn. "As you were then, I will be in contact with you in the oncoming future, samurai," Skar said in reply. After watching the man turn to leave, he looked back to Ai Takahashi. "Now that we're alone, Ai, we have some important matters to consult over. I'm going to be very honest with you, as it is a part of who I am, and I ask that you think over my offer greatly before making any decision about it. I don't enjoy staying couped up in the my castle hours upon hours every day, as some kage do. I enjoy visiting the village that I created. I enjoy talking to my people, watching them in their daily routines. I enjoy walking through the forest, climbing the trees, singing with the wind. I am a man of adventure. And on one of these adventures, I have come across mysterious ruins near the Sacred Grove on the outskirts of the village. So hear are my two offers for you. I will train you, should you choose to let me, in the shinobi ways. I will teach you dedication and strong will. I will make you a more wise, and a more powerful ninja than you will have dreamed. I ask that you accept this offer over any other. If you do, I will not force you to pledge fealty to me, but I do expect you to listen to my judgment, and attempt at your best to learn from it," Skar paused in his speech, and began walking down a path in front of him, beckoning for Ai to follow, "And my second offer. Those ruins I spoke of. I would like company in exploring them, and I prefer if you would come with me. Whatever lies down there, I'm sure it would be an excellent experience for one such as yourself. I don't even know what's down there, but I do know that if and when we choose to descend into it, we will be challenged. Bring your strong heart and your fighting spirit with you, for I fear we will need the best of both aspects." Skar looked to Ai for any sign of agreement or disagreement in her delicate face. He wanted to know for sure that her heart was with her village and her Tsurukage. He was fairly certain that it was with his brief encounter with him, but her response to his offer would prove it.

"So, Ai Takahashi, what say you?"
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 9:00 pm

"I will train you, should you choose to let me, in the shinobi ways. I will teach you dedication and strong will. I will make you a more wise, and a more powerful ninja than you will have dreamed. I ask that you accept this offer over any other. If you do, I will not force you to pledge fealty to me, but I do expect you to listen to my judgment, and attempt at your best to learn from it."

Ai couldn't believe what she was hearing. She had been offered training from a Sannin and now the kage of her village was offering to train her himself. Surely, she thought, this couldn't be an every day occurrence. Obviously fate was trying to tell her something.

With the help of the Tsurukage, she'd be able to get stronger AND stay with her village. This was a win-win.

As Skar talked on, he began to walk and Ai followed him, hanging on his every word.

"And my second offer. Those ruins I spoke of. I would like company in exploring them, and I prefer if you would come with me. Whatever lies down there, I'm sure it would be an excellent experience for one such as yourself. I don't even know what's down there, but I do know that if and when we choose to descend into it, we will be challenged. Bring your strong heart and your fighting spirit with you, for I fear we will need the best of both aspects. So, Ai Takahashi, what say you?""

Ai stopped in her tracks. This was indeed a big decision, but she already knew the answer. A smile spread across her face as she looked back at the Tsurukage.

"I would be absolutely be honored to have you as my sensei, Lord Tsurkage," she started. "And the best method of training I've found is to take every opportunity you can get to be with your teacher." Ai smiled at Skar.

"That being said, I would be glad to accompany you on your trip to the ruins. Though, I'm not sure how much help I'll be," she paused a moment before continuing. "But I will do my best not to disappoint you.... sensei." She smiled again and gave a quick bow before returning to stand upright. She brushed her hair back out of her face and adopted a confident expression.

Things are starting to look up, she thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
Skar
Tsurukage
Skar

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 9:37 pm

As they walked, Skar noticed the look of ernesty beginning to cover Ai's face. She was a genuine girl, and he liked her. She was honest, and loyal. As a person, she was ideal. Skar was very proud of his villager, and was more than happy to call her a ninja of Morigakure. If more people like this existed, the world wouldn't be such a treacherous place to live in.

Ai then agreed to his offer. It looks like Skar had a new student, and a great one at that. He though Ai was fascinating as a person, and now he would get to test her as an apprentice. Her smile sealed the intertwining of fates with the sheer happiness radiating from it, he knew that she would have come with him all along.

"As far as how useful you will be in the ruins, do not worry yourself on that. It will be your job, as my student, to continuously prove that you are capable of pursuing challenges thrown at you. I know that you'll be able to accomplish your goals. I can sense the determination in your mind, and I highly doubt that you will fail me. Now, if you will excuse me, Miss Takahashi, I have a sudden urge to visit a restaurant at the Floor. It just feels like.. the place to be right now. Does that make sense?" Skar asked rhetorically. "I will go there now, and you will hear from me soon. I will come find you on the day I plan on beginning our training. Expect me to come at an unexpected time. That is, of course, unless you would like to come with me? In that case, I will see you a bit longer on this fine day. If you have other matters however, never mind. You should see to those first. Dining with the Tsurukage is the least of importance on an astronomical scale."

Skar had just asked his student to dinner. Maybe he would be able to get to know her better? Skar had not been to dinner with a woman in many a years, since his days with Kina. It seemed a luxury he had been void of for most of his life, and now, he felt a strange urge to take Ai to dinner. Company is better than atonement though, is it not? He would wait for her response before leaving to the famous Castile de Kenko in the middle of the village. His gut told him that something important was about to happen there, and although Skar wasn't very big of a believer in fate at most times, he always trusted his gut.
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 9:53 pm

"That is, of course, unless you would like to come with me? In that case, I will see you a bit longer on this fine day. If you have other matters however, never mind. You should see to those first. Dining with the Tsurukage is the least of importance on an astronomical scale."

The surprises just kept coming for Ai today. The Tsurukage was asking her to accompany him to dinner. She instinctively put her hand on her stomach. She just noticed how hungry she was having not eaten all day, but she knew that her father would have dinner waiting. Besides, she needed to let him know that she would be training with the Tsurukage soon. Perhaps this news would finally let him acknowledge her as a fine shinobi.

"Your offer is very generous, Lord Tsurukage, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. My father will have made dinner for the both of us and I have no way of letting him know that I'll be dining with you. Also, it's important to me that I let him know that I will be called away to train with you soon. I'm sure that, er... I hope rather, that he will be just as excited by this as I am." Ai jumped down from the branch she had been standing on this whole time with the Tsurukage and landed lightly on the ground. She turned back to her new sensei with a smile.

"I will be looking forward to hearing from you soon though, sensei!" She gave a short bow, but stopped halfway through, remembering that Skar had said there was no need to be so formal. Standing back up, she gave a quick wave and headed off into the forest toward her fathers house.

----->EXIT
Back to top Go down
Skar
Tsurukage
Skar

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Skar smiled lightly as she responded. "Good, I envy the respect you have for your father. He may have done what he had done in the past, but no father is subject to what I did to mine. No matter how villainous a man he was, he did not deserve his own son to murder him," Skar said rather grimly to his new friend. "Well, that was depressing, now wasn't it?" he added with a chuckle, "Run along now, go back to your home. We will meet soon again, Miss Takahashi."

As Skar waved to his student, a sense of joy enveloped his mind. "Such spirit," he thought to himself. Such spirit this girl has, in a world such as this. It was astonishing that people such as her could still be found. He did not meet such joy on a daily basis. In his life, no, there was no joyful people. There were power-drunk politicians he needed to deal with every day, yet still find time to enjoy his village and its people. He felt that Ai would be an escape for him in the future. An escape he well needed. A relapse from his dark life, a relapse to a hopeful future.

"Well, onto the restaurant!"

[Exit.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)   Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reflecting on a Decision (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1