Naruto Savage Lands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Raging Storm: Inside and Out

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ryo : 13954

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
A Raging Storm: Inside and Out Left_bar_bleue200/200A Raging Storm: Inside and Out Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

A Raging Storm: Inside and Out Empty
PostSubject: A Raging Storm: Inside and Out   A Raging Storm: Inside and Out I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:35 am

Having returned to Arashigakure after her failure in the chuunin exams, Ai immediately went to the training hall known as Valhalla. Finding an empty room, she set up a training dummy in the middle of the floor, staring at it for a long time.

As she faced down the mannequin in front of her, a storm began rolling outside. Thunder crashed and echoed through the hall and rain pounded on the walls outside. The hostile weather was probably something they were used to here, she thought. After all, this village is called "The Hidden Storm" for a reason, I suppose.

Thoughts and memories of her failure flooded back into her mind. She had hidden for too long and the fight had been called due to her inactivity. She could her hear fathers mockingly disappointed voice inside her head.

"You really are good for nothing aren't you? Why do you even keep trying? You bring nothing but shame to our family. It would have been better if you had died during your birth instead of your mother, at least then we could have tried for another child that would have made me proud. You'll never amount to anything. You're weak! You're insignificant! You will never be a winner! You don't push yourself hard enough. You don't really want to win!

As Ai stood there allowing her own thoughts to mock her, she didn't even notice the rage inside building. Her breathing became labored, her eyes narrower, her cheeks flushed. She clenched her fists, and then her jaw.

Before she even realized what she was doing, her hands began pounding the training dummy over and over again. Not being a very conditioned for physical combat, it wasn't long before the foam padded wood was smeared with blood from her scraped knuckles, but she didn't let up.

Again and again she drove her fists into the wood, more and more blood being smeared on her hands and on the dummy. She didn't even feel it, and all she wanted at this moment, more than anything was to feel something to cover the shame and anger that was driving her.

The wood began to splinter. Pieces of the foam covering began to fall off, each piece now colored a dark red. With one last blow, she gave it all she had and the foam padded opponent could take no more and shattered into multiple pieces on the floor.

Ai collapsed to the ground, her knuckles bleeding freely, leaving crimsons stains on the training room floor. She breathed heavily as she lay there, her fathers voice still berating her from somewhere deep in her mind.

"I will not be looked at as weak," she said aloud through gritted teeth. "When Skar begins my training, I will go beyond what any kunoichi, no... what any shinobi period, has ever done! Then you'll see, father. Then you'll see..."

Forcing herself to her feet, Ai moved to a corner of the room. She could hear the storm overhead already beginning to move into the distance but the thunder still rolled ominously through the air.

She stacked some boxes and training supplies around her, effectively boxing herself off from the rest of the room and sank back against the corner, pulling her knees to her chest and dropping her head. The quiet darkness reminded her of the closet her father had put her in when she was younger. It seemed fitting because regardless of her new resolve, she had failed at her exam and now had to be punished for it.
Back to top Go down
Lee
Chūnin
Lee

Ryo : 4100

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
A Raging Storm: Inside and Out Left_bar_bleue280/280A Raging Storm: Inside and Out Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)

PostSubject: Re: A Raging Storm: Inside and Out   A Raging Storm: Inside and Out I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:48 pm

I was busy training in a room inside Valhalla when I heard the screams. They were not screams of terror or pain. No, they were more like shouts. Shouts of determination, maybe even anger. I was intrigued by them. Someone was obviously very hard at work, and perhaps a bit frustrated. I was in my usual training attire. Loosely tied black pants, no shirt, bearing my scars and lean-cut body to the world. I had long ago grown proud of the Bijuu inside of me, and I wasn't afraid to just walk around showing the scars it caused or the seal on my back. I had my headband tied around my forehead, and my Dusters chained to my waist-sash. With a cigarette in my mouth, I sought out the girl who had been yelling.

My search would bring me to one of the many training rooms in the great hall. I walked in right as the damage was being furthered. There stood a brown-haired girl punching at a training dummy. Viciously punching, punching, punching, her knuckles began to give way. As blood spattered on the dummy and on the ground, the skin from her hands was being literally beaten off. Truly, this was a girl after my own heart. I loved Taijutsu, and she had.. spunk. Not to mention she was beautiful. Unfortunately though.. she looked older than me. Oh well, I've fried bigger fish. "You're so immature.." Ookami said to me inside of my head. "Ah well. Suck it up," I replied. "Be smooth, Lee. Be smooth.."

I watched her quietly as she entered a state of emotional rage just before she would isolate herself from the rest of the room using training equipment. I would walk around the piles of equipment in order to get to her, and place my hand on her right shoulder. "Hey.. you alright there?" I would ask her in my deep teenage voice. I had gone through stages of maturity that most 20-year-olds would go through due to my intensive training, and I was slightly proud of my deep voice. Anyway, I hoped she was ok. Apart from finding her attractive, I also didn't particularly like seeing people hurt. My dream was to become Kage, and use that power to help people. So obviously.. I enjoyed helping people. I hoped she wouldn't think I was being hostile or anything.
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
A Raging Storm: Inside and Out Left_bar_bleue200/200A Raging Storm: Inside and Out Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: A Raging Storm: Inside and Out   A Raging Storm: Inside and Out I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Ai jumped to her feet, spinning around quickly to face the man who had approached her. Instantly she heard her dads voice again in her head:

You're so caught up in yourself you didn't even hear someone enter the room? He's even smoking a ciggarette, for God's sake! How did you not smell it?! You're so pathetic!

"Just shut up!" Ai screamed out loud. Instantly, her look of frustration and anger was replaced by one of horrified embarrassment as she looked back at the guy in front of her.

"I...I'm sorry. I don't mean you. I mean...." Her voice trailed off as tears began to well up in her eyes. She quickly wiped them away, leaving streaks of red smeared on her face.

"I'm fine," she said as she tried her best to compose herself. She knew that he'd see right through it, but she also hoped this stranger wouldn't probe too much deeper and just let it go.

"I'm Ai Takahashi of Morgakure, by the way," she said with a short bow.
Back to top Go down
Lee
Chūnin
Lee

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
A Raging Storm: Inside and Out Left_bar_bleue280/280A Raging Storm: Inside and Out Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)

PostSubject: Re: A Raging Storm: Inside and Out   A Raging Storm: Inside and Out I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:37 pm

I was taken back a little bit when the girl yelled at me to shut up, but then was relieved when she explained it wasn't at me. I was confused as to who it could've been directed at, but I dropped it anyway. I grinned slightly as she begin to stutter, it was cute. But then my smile faded as I noticed the tears swelling up her eyes, causing them to glisten against the harsh light from the lanterns illuminating the room. She wiped her tears from her face, forgetting the blood covering her hands. "Here.. let me help you," I would say as I went to wipe the blood from her cheeks. For too long I knew the feeling of failure, being rejected by the people of this village for as long as I could remember. "I hate to pry, but I'd feel bad if I didn't care. Are you ok, Ai?" I would ask after she gave me her name. I then tried to bow to poorly imitate her politeness. It looked awkward, as I wasn't used to being polite. But hey, it's never too late to experiment. "Name's Lee, Jinchuuriki of the 4-tails. And Morigakure you say? Old man Takeshi says we've just made an allegiance with you forest-folk. You didn't happen to come around with the diplomatic team, did you? I hear the Tsurukage came. I've been meaning to meet him," I said within a few breaths. She was strong, I could tell by the way she tried so hard to get through her emotional carnage. I liked that. Pretty and strong, eh?
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Raging Storm: Inside and Out   A Raging Storm: Inside and Out I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Ai tensed a little as Lee reached out to wipe the blood off her cheeks. She wasn't used to people she just met violating her personal space. Still, it was a sweet gesture and she relaxed soon after as he started talking again.

"A Jinchuuriki? I've heard of you, but I've never met one before." Ai stared at him for a long moment, taking in the entire sight of the shirtless young man standing in front of her for the first time. He was handsome, she decided. And even though they had only just met, she thought him sweet too. Still, she wasn't ready to just start randomly trusting strangers yet. Friendships were built over time after all.

"So you heard the Tsurukage was in your town, eh? I traveled here with him and another from my village. They are off training, or exploring the town. I'm not sure. I just got back from the chuunin exams where I... well..."

Her head dropped and her voice got softer as she finished her sentence,"Well I didn't do so well. I failed."

She raised her eyes again to meet those of Lee. Suddenly a thought came to her that gave her a shiver and she took a timid step back from the boy.

"Umm... forgive the direct question, but.... do you have control of your bijuu?" Ai glanced quickly at the exit as she asked the question. If there was any chance of Lee losing control of the 4 tails she wanted to be able to get out of here quickly.
Back to top Go down
Lee
Chūnin
Lee

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Raging Storm: Inside and Out   A Raging Storm: Inside and Out I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:45 pm

I felt kind of annoying when she almost didn't let me help her out, but I figured it was simply because she was so resilient. She said she had been traveling with the Tsurukage herself.. that means she was quite the impressive ninja, to be asked to train under a kage? Grant it, I was being trained by a kage too, but I had to almost force Takeshi to train me, let alone notice me. It saddened me when she told me of her failure in the Exams.. I thought I had failed mine as well. I was knocked out in the first round, but due to odd circumstances, I was the only one promoted out of all the contestants. I had known of a lot more failure in my life though, so I could relate with her. Especially regarding my Bijuu.. which was the next topic of discussion.

I saw her angle towards the door, and her voice became shaky. She was scared.. and she had every right to be. The 9 Bijuu had all earned their terrifying personas, and mine, the most ferocious of all of them, had especially. But Bijuu would never break out of their hosts that easily, and I decided I'd tell her. I didn't want any more people afraid of me.. especially not this lovely girl. "My Bijuu? Well.. I've mastered her to an extent. I can enter the basic cloak form and the first tail at will, and I can usually do a pretty good job at keeping her contained. But, there's something you should know. Ookami, the wolf inside of me, she's a very strategic fighter, but she'll do whatever she can to win. She recognizes what would be best for her, and we actually talk about strategies for fighting all the time in my head. She finds it best to stay put and lend me her power when I want to, not her. Usually. The only times she comes out are when I'm extremely hurt and would obviously lose a fight, meaning she would try to break out to take the situation into her own hands, and then she does when I'm extremely angry. Neither of which happen very often, so you shouldn't worry," I said. Then with a shrug of my shoulders and a flirtatious grin that would reveal one of my fangs, I said, "I'm harmless."

"So, Ai Takahashi of Morigakure. Tell me about yourself. Beautiful girl like you can't be traveling with the kage for no reason. Are you here to train?" I would start a more casual conversation to ease the tension of the last one. While saying this, I would walk over to the punching dummy she had been attacking earlier, and readied my stance. I wound back my arm to ready a punch. As my fist began to fly forward, a flash of deep crimson surrounded my body, fangs grew larger from my mouth, and my strength skyrocketed. As my hand connected with the bag, I sent it soaring off of the chain holding it in place and into the wall behind it. The room shook as the bag hit the wall, and dust fell from the ceiling. I scratched my head and recalled the power of my Bijuu, returning to normal. "Maybe I went too far that time?" I then walked over to observe the bag. It had left a huge dent in the wall and had knocked out several bricks. "Takeshi's gonna kill me.."

Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Raging Storm: Inside and Out   A Raging Storm: Inside and Out I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:37 am

Ai smiled as Lee winked at her and even looked away in amused embarassment when he called her a beautiful girl. She was hesitant to tell Lee too much information. Afterall, even if they were allies, nations didn't just share everything with each other. Still, he wasn't asking state secrets so she didn't see the harm in the conversation. Besides, he was charming in a way and, despite watching him destroy a punching bag, she did not feel in any immediate danger.

"Yes," she said, "I am here waiting to train with the Tsurukage. He's currently training another member of our village and I'm awaiting the completion of that before I begin."

Beginning to feel a little more comfortable, she took a step toward Lee with a shy little smile on her face. She brushed her brown hair back behind one ear as she looked at him.

"So, Lee the Jinchuuriki, what do you do around here?"

Smiling at the destroyed punching bag she added, "Besides beat up defensless training equipment that is."
Back to top Go down
Lee
Chūnin
Lee

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Raging Storm: Inside and Out   A Raging Storm: Inside and Out I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:25 pm

I became more at ease when I noticed Ai's tension lower. My plan had worked! I didn't particularly like when people thought I was about to dismantle their limbs and set their skin on fire. Even so, I did get that reaction from a lot of other people. You'd be surprised. Anyway, I decided I would try to take the conversation a step further. "What do I like to do around here? Hm.." playfully beginning to think, "Well, I like to go on walks.. Actually, lots of people go on walks around here. It's a popular past-time. So I think you should just go along with what us locals love doing, and go for a walk with me. What do you think?" I was hoping my obvious trying to get her to go on a date with me would make her smile. Girls.. at times they can be difficult, but a lot of the times, they just want you to make it obvious that you care.

I didn't start my next training session until the next day, so I could start my resting whenever I so chose. Tonight was all mine, and it was still young. I would go to grab Ai's hand to gently pull her out of the dark training room "C'mon, I don't bite." I said smiling as I tugged her. Dusk was coming soon, and I had the perfect place I wanted to show her.
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Raging Storm: Inside and Out   A Raging Storm: Inside and Out I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 am

When Lee reached out his hand for hers, Ai hesitated. This was the second time he had moved to touch her. She wasn't an idiot. She could tell he was flirting and it flattered her a little. Still, normally she wasn't very comfortable with the idea of people she just met taking her hand and wiping her face.

C'mon, I don't bite.

Ai smiled at his comment and let his smooth demeanor put her at ease, then she gingerly placed her hand in his. His palm felt rough but strong to her, exactly the way she had imagined it.

She smirked at Lee for a moment before mentioning, "You sure you want to go for a walk in this weather?"

She motioned with her head toward the window where the light patter of rain was still tapping gently against the glass. It was a lot calmer now then it had been when she had first come into this room and she couldn't hear the thunder at all anymore, but the rain was still here.

"Do your people walk in the rain?" she said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Lee
Chūnin
Lee

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Raging Storm: Inside and Out   A Raging Storm: Inside and Out I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:44 am

I felt Ai's reluctance as she mentioned the weather. It was storming, but oh well. "You 'fraid to get wet, Ai?" I asked her with the same sly grin on my face. "You'll be fine!" And with that, one final pull of her hand out into the raining streets. I started chuckling. It had been a long, long time since I felt this giddy. Not many happy days came to a Jinchuuriki's life, so the rare ones that came had to be savored. Tonight would be no exception.

I pulled Ai through the streets, through the sheets of rain and the booming thunder, to the large but elegant Kinzoku castle. As we arrived, the clouds above began to clear up. The sun's light swallowed the sky as the rain kept falling, sending little glistening spotlights dancing across every inch of the village. It was perfect. I pointed up to the top of the castle. "That's where we're headed," I told her with a smile. The sun was reeling in the horizon with every passing moment, and we needed to get up there before it reached its destination. Before starting to climb, I noticed a difference in the hand I was holding. The soft, delicate hand of a girl.. at first I had been holding it to playfully pull her along, but my grip had changed. It had become loosened, but passionate. Embarassed, I felt the sides of my face heat up, and I pulled my hand away. Trying to cover up my affection for now, I yelled before dashing up the side of the castle, "C'mon Ai! We can't miss it!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Raging Storm: Inside and Out   A Raging Storm: Inside and Out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Raging Storm: Inside and Out
Page 1 of 1