Naruto Savage Lands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ryo : 13954

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows Left_bar_bleue200/200Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:11 am

**NOTE** This weapon was approved on Mirage by Nami. I was hoping I could just transfer it over here but just in case I was given the bow for 3500 ryo and 1 bundle of arrows (15 arrows) for 1,500 ryo as 1 arrow cost 100 ryo. Arrows needed to be replenished once used up.

Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows Weapontemplate

Name: Kyujustsu Yumi

Type: Bow

Quantity: 1

Description: Traditional bamboo Kyujutsu long bow with custom modifications for durability. Bow length is 6' slightly taller than Ai herself (as is traditional for a Kyujutsu Yumi). The natural cream color of the bamboo is most prevalent, but the darker browns of the reinforcement wood are also visible. The bow has a range of 100 yards (further than a traditional Yumi, due to the reinforcement) and has 15 arrows per topic. The wood reinforcement allows the bow to be unstrung and used as a makeshift staff for close combat, however, it is still subject to breaking as this is not its intended use. The bow, when unstrung and used in this fashion, would be capable of blocking or striking an unarmed opponent or an opponent with small weapons (kunai/shuriken) without suffering damage. However, an actual staff or sword could break the bow if it was struck with one.

Abilities: None

Durability: Bow is made of bamboo wood and reinforced with leather and pine for stronger than normal durability. The bow can still be split by direct strikes from swords or a strong strike from a staff. If it were bent back enough, the bow could break in half, but this would take a considerable amount of force.

History: As Ai struggled in the academy with her weak Taijutsu, the other students quickly excelled past her. She began to become discouraged, thinking that she would never be able to compete with her classmates. When it was discovered by her instructors, though, that Ai's taijutsu was weak, they presented her with a bow and arrow set to help her keep her distance, thereby leveling the playing field. Using it to her advantage, Ai was able to finally compete with the other students and eventually graduated the academy. Afterward, Ai custom fit the bow with reinforced wood to suit her individual needs and has carried it with her ever since.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows Weapontemplate

Name: Kyujustsu Arrows

Type: Arrows

Quantity: 15 per topic

Description: Kyujutsu arrows are traditional bamboo arrows with iron tips. The arrows are capable of penetrating human flesh and leather armor, but would bounce off anything stronger. Arrows launched from the bow will fly at 70 feet per second.

Abilities: None

Durability: The arrows are simple bamboo arrows and they can be broken simply by being bent to far by a person. They will stick in wood without breaking, but would snap should they contact metal.

History: These are normal arrows that Ai has used with the bow since she received it.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ai Takahashi on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows Left_bar_bleue200/200Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Haru Satsujin
S-Rank
Haru Satsujin

Ryo : 3500

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows Left_bar_bleue320/320Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows Empty_bar_bleue  (320/320)

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Ok, in durability state what the material is like this-

The arrows are made of bamboo and can easily be broken by simply bending them or coming in contact with ______

Fill in what belongs there, then put that as the durability.

Do it for the Bow as well.
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:16 am

Durability updated as requested.
Back to top Go down
Haru Satsujin
S-Rank
Haru Satsujin

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows Left_bar_bleue320/320Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows Empty_bar_bleue  (320/320)

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:29 am

Ok, now make the history a little longer than a single line. At least a small paragraph please.
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 am

Bow history length increased.
Back to top Go down
Haru Satsujin
S-Rank
Haru Satsujin

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:04 am

Approved at the price of 5000 ryo for the bow, a refill of 10 arrows shall cost 1000 ryo
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:06 am

Do I get it for free since I had it on Mirage? Or am I paying it again? Just curious. If I have to pay it again, in an effort to keep down on the number of posts here, consider this my intent to purchase both the bow and 1 bundle of 10 arrows.
Back to top Go down
Haru Satsujin
S-Rank
Haru Satsujin

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:15 am

If you had it on mirage then it is free. You get the Bow and 15 arrows free, then the rest you have to pay for.
Back to top Go down
Haru Satsujin
S-Rank
Haru Satsujin

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:42 am

Hold the phone here, 70 feet per second is a little much since that equals out to be about 50 mph
Back to top Go down
Ai Takahashi
Chūnin
Ai Takahashi

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:48 am

This is actually the slow end of arrow speeds. This is taken from an archery club website: "Recurve bow arrows can travel up to 225 feet per second (fps) or 150mph while compound bow arrows can travel up to 300fps (200mph). Longbow arrows travel slower due to the weight of the arrows. Even at 300fps, it takes around a second to reach a 90 metre target. You hear your release first followed by the thud of the arrow hitting the target a second later (you can’t see it unless you use a telescopic sight). If you didn’t hear the thud, you’ve missed the target!" http://sites.google.com/site/bannockburnbowmen/archery-faq
Back to top Go down
Haru Satsujin
S-Rank
Haru Satsujin

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:51 am

When googling a converter to FPS 70 = 47.72 exactly. Remember, we can't have you outshooting an A Rank jutsu so it has to be nerfed down
Back to top Go down
Nami
Shimokage
Nami

Ryo : 53300

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 3:44 am

Code:
Situation Settled Everything shall remain as is

Official Approval
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows   Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kyujutsu Long Bow and Arrows
Page 1 of 1