Naruto Savage Lands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ryo : 2500

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility Left_bar_bleue250/250Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility Empty
PostSubject: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:42 pm

Within the observation deck of the 'Buzzard's View' Shitai looked out, staring almost blankly at the massive amount of civilization that was hidden from the rest of the world like a sacred oasis in the midst of the corrupt powers outside the borders. People were making their way about the normal day to day activities they normally did, buying things in the market as well as other things like going to the gym and even just arguing with one another about some trivial thing that only those involved could possibly care about or understand. This was home and although not everything here was warm and fuzzy in feeling it was the place that made him feel the more secure. He had chosen to come here today not only to speak with a few of the ANBU on the behalf of the kage's office assistants, giving them their fresh orders as well as updating how long until their shift was over but also to meet with someone. The girl he had met in the hospital, Lacey if he remembered correctly, she had talent for the medical field like himself but she was also a child and while she could only benefit from what he could offer as a teacher he had to make sure she was ready and disciplined enough for it like a great kung fu master trying to determine if his student will run off in search of fame and glory with the spiritual arts he could be taught as the consequences would be the same, especially with the things he would be teaching. In any case, he had run into one of the people that lived in the same neighborhood she was staying in and asked them to tell her that he would be here most of the day and would need to speak at her earliest convenience. As there was no set time he slightly drifted off into a nap, his features not changing though and his eyes remaining open o it appeared he was still just staring out at nothing while he rested.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ryo : 14800

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility Left_bar_bleue280/280Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:03 pm

The Hidden Oasis. Lacey had been calling this place home for quite awhile, and although it wasn't exactly as she had planned it, she was ready to train for the growth in the expertise of medical knowledge. The young Edrick, though talented in her own rights, was still just a child and perhaps this aspect is what led to her being here in the first place. To grow up. Her home away from home was like any other, she knew her responsibility around the village and what she had to do to keep busy. However, today was finally the day. She would be taking her turn at the hospital with Shitai on this day, the moment she had been waiting for.

Shitai was set to be stationed at the 'Buzzards View, a place Lacey had patrolled a few times while with Nahaji as part of her due diligence as a honorary Oasishu ninja. Lacey would arrive at this rendezvous point to meet with her teacher, for once showing up a bit earlier than normally scheduled. Although she carried her blades around with her, today wasn't about that. It was about the greater good of the healing ways that man possess through the gift of chakra. She would stand at the entrance of the tower, the shade from its massive shape covering the vibrance of her normally happy go lucky glow. She stared up and took a deep breath, she was ready.
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility Left_bar_bleue250/250Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:15 pm

He woke up from his nap a bit early, Lacey still wasn't here and although he didn't know it she was starting to make her way up the steps right now. Rubbing his eyes to get the small crusty bits out he yawned and stretched, being fully alert and rested now to best teach someone things of this nature but also to explain the danger of the powers they held. He opened a window and crawled out onto the slanted roof of the tower, sitting and feeling the heat on the sun on him as per usual. Eventually Lacey would arrive and either join him out here or signal him to come back in and speak there.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility Left_bar_bleue280/280Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Lacey would walk inside, taking the mind grueling path up the staircase that seemed to be close to a stairway to heaven. For some reason, music came to her mind at this gesture, that if she were in a different dimension, maybe someone wrote a song about it. Gah, her mind was wandering off, she needed to be focused, but these....these damn stairs! Finally, she would reach the room in which Shitai resided in, seeing now that he was outside the window, looking endlessly into the distance.

The young female Edrick decided to join in on the view, hopping out of the very same window in which her master had. She would be initially surprised by the heat drawn up from the roof, but quickly dismissed the notion as she approached Shitai.

"Master Shitai. I'm a little early because I couldn't sit still long enough due to the anticipation...I hope you don't mind me joining you...?

Her sentence would peel off into more of a question. This was because he was hard to read into, and she never truly knew the mood he was going to be in. Her face was calm, a small raise of one eye brow as she asked for his company. She would have her hands together and behind her back, respectfully awaiting his reply.
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:16 pm

Lacey came out and joined him, asking if he minded he joining him so obviously forgetting he had asked for her to be sent to him but that was alright. "Of course I dont mind, in fact I was needing to talk to you about something today. Tell me, how deep is your knowledge of Ijutsu and who was it that taught you what you know now?" It was a normal enough question, as her current master it was normal to ask what she already knew and by knowing where she learned it it would make it even easier because the style which she had been originally taught in could be looked at and he could find the proper way to go about doing things. Sitting like he had been, never really taking his relaxed eyes off the village he waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Lacey would listen in and focus on the question presented to her by Shitai.She would release her hands from behind her and press her right hand on Seiteki Himei. Her left hand would rest on her hip as she answered, recalling her past teacher.

"I haven't really had an actual master, I picked up the skill and my father had wanted me to learn it by myself. He told me before I left to come here, that he was happy to see my skill in the art progress, but that a teacher was necessary to take my skill to the next level. He is a bit harsh in the department of training. He tells me I need my own understanding first, that way when I do have a teacher, I can see where I was going wrong."

Lacey spoke honestly. She hadn't had too much training in the field with others. She only knew basics. Her fighting skill was top notch, but her medical skill was just average. She hoped he could truly change this, because she wanted to be excellent at Ijutsu. Perfection or atleast as close to it as possible.
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:17 am

As he listened to what she had to say he took out a matchbook and a cigarette, lighting one with the other he took in a large amount and held it for a few seconds before releasing and giving a reply. "Well I've spoken with your grandad on several occasions about your father so Im well aware of how he trains. A bit brutal in my opinion but then again he breaks people and I fix them so our methods are always going to be different. Since you're mostly self taught with the exception of some input from Dominic I think I'll start you off small. But before I fully decide tell me what kinds of medical ninjutsu you can perform, from there I can gauge your abilities and devise a syllabubs." He would finally turn his head to look at her, subtle reactions to the things she said may be of interest to him for a full assessment. He doubted she was going to lie about this but she wasn't his first student so he was well aware that people could be known to undersell themselves when they are told he is some kind of second coming of the Aburame clan founder when it came to healing.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Lacey's expression drew blank for a moment. Suddenly, the strange feeling of deja vu had come across her. Hadn't they already discussed this? To her knowledge that answer was yes, and she even recalled a bit of an insult was built into it. Was this part of some sick and twisted game he was trying to play on her? Lacey didn't know, but a large sweat gland in the form of chibi dropped from her left temple and she let out a deep sigh before speaking.

"I believe we went over this once. I'm not good enough and you made that very clear at the elevator. Ya know, where you ripped me apart with your sarcasm? Then you followed it up with the visit to your dear ole grandmother?"

Lacey relayed the hurtful information back to Shitai. Ah the elevator. They met at this faithful place and Lacey got a taste of her steep fight to be a great medic. She then crossed her arms and waited for Shitai to speak back, hopefully without the insolent tongue she was getting the feeling he had on a normal basis.
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 am

Thinking about what she said he remembered he had brought this up at their initial meeting, meaning her memory was a little better than his at least some of the time which was a good sign. He just nodded his head as he turned back to look at the village. "Thats right, sorry about that Im a bit scatter brained about most things that happen in the hospital that dont involve me working." He finished his first cig and lit another, the smoke sent a tingling sensation down his throat and upon exhale a large amount of stress seemed to be lifted off of him. He thought about what was left for the two of them to discuss and after a few moments only thought of a single question left to ask but it might take some time to get a full answer. "Tell me Lacey," before continuing on he took another large inhale and held it before letting it go and going on, "why do you want to learn Ijutsu?" So far he had been impressed with her answers by comparison to his other students that all quit but they had all answered the same thing and he wanted to see if she was just like all of those drop outs or something worth putting effort into.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:08 am

Lacey would breath a sigh of relief as Shitai did not rip her apart this time around. Lacey would continue to watch him, still standing to his sitting and watch immediately fire up another cigarette. Then he would drift into asking her a very important question. It wasn't a shock to Lacey that he asked this or maybe it was because even at her young age, she already had a clear cut answer. She spoke with confidence with her answer, knowing whether he thought it was good enough or not, she did.

"In history class, there was a certain chapter that talked of 'The Great Betrayal'. This chapter is the near extinction of the Edrick Clan. My late grandfather was the only reason anyone who could get away did. After hearing and studying this, I wanted to make a difference. I knew I wouldn't be able to bring my kin back, but I do want to be able to make sure no one else loses someone they love. To make sure no parent has to bury their child. Life is precious to me..."

A small tear would fall from Lacey's right eye, arching across her cheek and stopping at her chin. It would fall and evaporate in the dry desert heat. She would wipe the trail away to remove any signs before he turned around. She had nothing left to say on the subject. She just awaited his answer.
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:43 am

Some of his kikaichu had been looking at Lacey and relayed the information to their host that she had shed a tear, an interesting twist to the situation but not unexpected due to clan ties to that particular subject. The answer itself though was, different. Sort of at least. He took a long drag before replying to his young student, she may not care for how he was going to say this but this wouldnt be the first time he had pissed her off due to lack of social skills. "Your answer is different, I'm not entirely sure how to size you up yet but I will say at least you didn't say it was for the protection of every other person alive. If you're not in this for yourself you will quit, and I know what I'm talking about considering you're in the triple digits on my apprentice record and if you stay a month you'll outlast them all." As normal what he said wasn't meant as an insult but it could easily be taken that way, he was simply being blunt with his answers and it was true. Trying to do something for someone other than yourself, whether it be losing weight or leading a crusade against a demon lord, you are destined to fail or give up. He would rise up to his feet and lean again a part of the building as he looked to her for a response.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Lacey would hear the man out, listening to his words once more. It was going to be a fact that she would have to deal with. He was truly a hard person to read into. She stuck through his words, fi ing reassurance to her stance.

"It is because I want this, that I am willing to do whatever it takes.."

She would continue to stay stationary in her standing position, still having not moved. Talking to his back was what he seemed comfortable with, then she wouldn't move. She was ok with it though. Whatever floated his boat, he was the teacher after all.
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:12 pm

He almost let out a chuckle as she said this, it was so common a thing to say among the people he trained that he could have mocked her by saying it as she did but he held off on that. Rather he decided that he now knew all he would need and would make an appointment for their first official session at the hospital before leaving. "Well then since are so very, willing was it? I'll see you at the hospital in two hours, eat a heavy lunch before you get there because you'll be double shifting with me until about this time tomorrow." He would wait until he got a response from her before doing anything else but this meeting was basically over and nothing more need be said from him except for the normal good bye.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:34 pm

"Understood. Good bye until then Shitai. Thank you for your time."

With great manners and a nod, Lacey would then turn away and walk back inside. She had two hours to rest her mind and fill her stomach before the start of what would be her first day on the job. She knew she would have to be sharp, so a favorite meal for her was in order. She would make her way down the Buzzard's View, and back into the civilization of Oashisu. To the ramen shop, a nice serving of pork ramen. That sounded just about right in her mind.
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 6:43 am

He gave her a nod and turned towards the edge of the roof, using chakra on the bottom of his feet he walked around the rounded edge and made his way down the outer wall to the ground. He needed to eat something since he wasnt kidding about what he said. With the exception of two to three thirty minute breaks he was going to be pulling two ten hour shifts back to back and he wasnt looking forward to it.

[exit]
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:25 am

Finally, Lacey was where she needed to be. She was going to be pulling a crazy training session out of herself and getting the nourishment was priority numero uno. She made it to the ramen spot, and made her order. Sitting at the bar and waiting, she could feel the burden overtake the excitement. It was going to be tough, but she had to hang in there. This was her moment to take herself above and beyond expectations set by others for the satisfaction of herself. The food arrived and she chowed down to fullfillment. Soon, it would begin but for now, the food was too good to have worry.

[Exit]

[End of Topic]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility   Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surgery Prep: Understanding the Responsibility
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Savage Lands :: Land of Red Sand :: Hidden Oasis (Oashisugakure) :: The Buzzard's View-
Jump to: