Naruto Savage Lands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taking My Smoke Break

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ryo : 2500

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Taking My Smoke Break Left_bar_bleue250/250Taking My Smoke Break Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

Taking My Smoke Break Empty
PostSubject: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Shitai was sitting in the staff room of the hospital holding a lit cigarette between his fingers and leaning back on the bench. His morning so far had been completely clogged with about three surgeries, two life threatening injuries from missions where people made rather stupid mistakes and one child birth. Yes it was a busy morning even for him but these smoke breaks made it all worth it because the work seemed to make it taste even better. Nahaji had said something about maybe bringing someone around but he had no idea when that was planned for but the kage had his daily schedule down by now since he never really had a chance to change his routine whenever he had hospital duty. There were vending machines with some interesting chips and candy bars but he wasnt hungry and as far as soda went he would rather wait till he got off later tonight and meet up with the old bastard to get shit faced. So he just sat there and enjoyed his roll until it was burned out then like a true chain smoker lit up the next one within two seconds and took his first long drag to exhale an enjoyable ring of smoke and relax for just a little longer.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ryo : 14800

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Taking My Smoke Break Left_bar_bleue280/280Taking My Smoke Break Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Upon the start of her day, Lacey began by taking her walk towards the most famous hospital in all of the ninja world, Gurando Byoin. With her pre-training complete, Lacey was to now begin the next stage of her process. She was to meet a rather odd man, yet she didnt know him to be this way just yet. After a slow paced walk through the streets of Oashisu, Lacey came to the doors, entering them.

Walking in, one wouldnt expect it to be this way, but the hospital's main lobby had a massive cathedral type ceiling with a chandelier shimmering in the light. The source was coming through the most clear plain of glass, truly marveling this place, allowing it to live up to its name as the best.

Lacey would navigate, holding a scroll, equipped with her weapons. Seiteki Himei horizontal on her back and her Thunder Sword strapped on her left side, angled down. She took on the attire of a dark gray vest and skirt, walking a bit out of place compared to the wearings of the locals. A few stares passed her by, but the headband around her arm was her saving grace from harsh words, as ally to Oashisu. She needed to find the one named Shitai, and she was determined not to ask for help in the matter. If she couldnt find him on her own, then she didnt need to call herself a ninja at all. She would press a button to bring an elevator to her, waiting for it to open.
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Taking My Smoke Break Left_bar_bleue250/250Taking My Smoke Break Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Shitai rose from his seat on the bench but didnt put out his roll, he knew he should but the taste of a wasted cigarette was more than he could bare right now. He walked out into the hallway and pushed the button for the elevator, the double doors opened and he stepped inside. Oddly enough it was completely empty other than him but that wasnt his concern right now as he had the munchies that the machines couldnt serve to him, no he had to go to the cafeteria on the ground floor so he had put on his white coat and attached his name badge to the lapel so he could get his discount, the doors opened and there stood a young girl in gray clothing and green hair, a strange hair color even for the hidden oasis but Shitai was hungry so he just stood there long enough to wave and went on his way toward the food stations.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Taking My Smoke Break Left_bar_bleue280/280Taking My Smoke Break Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:27 pm

As the elevator doors opened to the young girl, a man stood before her and it was like the task had suddenly went from a search to 100% given to her. If this were a mission, it would have been insane for this to happen, but finding a single man in an insanely sized hospital was just as difficult. The man waved and began to walk by her, for she was frozen by the sudden spark of him being right in front of her. When she finally realized he was getting away from her, she spoke to him, projecting her voice over a rather large crowd.

"Excuse me, Shitai?! I have been sent hear to meet with you! Nahaji Sankuro said you were supposed to be my medical teacher!"

Lacey would walk towards him, waving the scroll slightly above her head. She walked patiently, nothing that suggested desperation, but rather full discipline and control over the situation. It was how her father was, and she displayed his personality to a T. She would walk and wait for his reply, hoping he wouldnt give her the cold shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Shitai almost didnt notice the girl following him, he was just to hungry to handle that sort of situation right now so he just kept it up and didn't break pace as he got to the line with the girl behind him, somehow not noticing what she said to him. He turned and saw her there, curious since it had seemed she was going to use the elevator so the only explanation must be....she was also hungry. He pulled out a second tray with a napkin and set of utensils and held it out to her. "Hungry little one?"
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Lacey watched as the man seemed to completely ignore her and continue his steady pace towards the cafeteria it seemed. She would put the scroll back by her side as to not bring attention to an apparent begging of him to stop. She simply followed, remaining patient. When they got into the lunch line, she sighed, for it was apparent that he had a one track mind at the moment.

In what looked to be a gesture of kindness to her, Lacey used as opportunity. He would hold out the tray and Lacey would smirk, laying the scroll with his name onto it. She found him a bit funny for being so absent minded, grinning a bit, then spoke to his question.

"I hunger for the knowledge of the finest medical practices in the world, Mr. Shitai."
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:48 pm

She laid some kind of scroll with his name on the tray, maybe this was the person Nahaji was sending over but on his lunch break? The two of them would need to speak later about this terrible sin that had been committed. He chuckled and sat the tray down on the bars so she could push it along and took the scroll to be put in an inside pocket of his doctor's coat. "Ah, well first thing to come to mind of medical knowledge is nutrition, Im sure you can see where this is going. Ill read this on my break break, now is lunch break though meaning I may eat the scroll by mistake if I look at it much before I fill my belly." He chuckled a bit, no doubt the girl would get frustrated soon, he did things like this to assess people's personalities and seeing as she was a child, even if a shinobi, this might push her over the edge as her being here was obviously important and he was acting like an escapee from the mental ward that needed his munchies. He turned and started grabbing some food, armadillo bear ribs with hot sauce and other delectable goodies from recent hunts.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:01 am

Lacey's expression drew blank as he spoke. Everything he said made absolutely no sense at all, yet made all the sense in the world at the same time. She was in the mind of a potential mad man and couldn't seem to turn away from his confusion that he brought to her. She would stand there, unable to say much.

"Wow...just, just wow..."

She would soon snap out of her trance, as he moved forward in the line. She started picking from all the assortments available, meats, vegetables and even some jello for dessert. Without even realizing it, Lacey had stacked her tray with portions fit for an obese 500 lbs. man. This was yet another example of her father's blood being in her DNA. She could put away food like it was nothing at all. Without thinking twice about it, she continued a friendly convo with Mr. Shitai.

"So, what's the meat that we are digging into today? Deer? Beef? Pork? It all smells really good."
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:51 am

Looking at what the girl had piled on her plate he laughed on the inside while remaining serious enough on the outside, serious in the sense of his normal loopy behavior not changing. "Lets see here we got some armadillo bear ribs right there, dingo no hato drumsticks and even some giant monkey scorpion jerky." These were the only things she had grabbed that he thought she might still eat after discovering what they were. "Lesson one of the hidden oasis, if you want to eat and keep it down don't ask questions." He chuckled some and paid for their lunches, may as well since she was connected to the kage somehow so he'd be paid back somehow. When he got his change he shoved it in his pocket and walked over to an empty booth and started chewing some of his own monkey-scorpion jerky, some of his favorite stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 am

When the male explained the contents that were on her plate, Lacey's eyes had gotten real big and she seemed to drool at the mouth. She only thought these delicacies were for her grandfather Haji, but apparently everyone ate the rare animals of two names. She grabbed a rib while in line and began munching away, noticing that the man had paid for her meal as well. She would talk with her mouth full.

"Yhu kno, I cuuda paied fore that mahselfa. Buht tahnk yhu goo sihr..."

She would follow him and sit across from him in the empty set of booth seats at the table she would swallow her armadillo bear ribs that she was chewing on and look at the man dig in. She admired his odd behavior, and tried to spark conversation with him.

"You know, I only thought grandpa Haji ate this stuff. I had no idea everyone enjoyed it like he does. I got to try it at an ignorant age, so I guess I was fortunate....so, how well do you know my Grandpa Mr. Shitai?"
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Shitai chuckled, so she was Haji's granddaughter. He had heard that the old man had an adopted son older than Koga so this must be his kid, younger than him by a considerable amount but from the sword on her back he could tell that she was most likely a capable shinobi. "Well let's see how to explain this, whenever your granddad makes a mistake, and that happens more than you'd think, Im the one that fixes him up for round two." He chuckled some more and took a big chunk out of a rib and leaned back to see if Lacey could figure out that statement.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Laughter escaped Lacey as Shitai gave a backhanded comment about her grandpa. The guy was hilarious, and even though Lacey caught the backhand, she didnt really know the quantity nor the severity of the mistakes her grandad made. He was alive, so that had to mean something. As her laughter subsided, she ripped into some more of her rib and once again talked with her mouth full.

"Yuu awe quihht funneh Mrw. Shit hai."

She didnt say much more as she chewed on as if she were chewing on jerky. The quality of cooking here wasnt as fined tuned as Haji's palace, and the toughness of the meat was a bit rough on her. All the flavor was escpaing before she could finish chewing. She quickly went for some drink to help wash it down, and after doing so, she placed it back on the table and looked to Shitai once more, continuing to talk.

"You know, Grandpa Haji one time went to rescue a dog in my village and ended up putting a Sand Coffin on him by mistake.....he told my dad after the mistake that it had rabies, but my dad told me it was TOTAL B.S. on grandpa's part..."
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Shitai chuckled again, it seemed that no matter where he was Haji was getting himself in trouble and somehow that just seemed a law of nature. He took a rib and shoved it in his mouth then pulled the bone out sparkling clean of meat. "So then, have you even been hunting with your grandad yet? Its a sort of rite of passage around here so Im sure he will want that for you as well." He leaned up a bit and adjusted himself as he thought about his first hunt, it was the injuries he sustained in that battle that made him become a high class medic even among the Ijutsu uses of the Aburame clan, good times.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:39 pm

"No, but he and my dad discussed hunting all the time. I never really eaves dropped too much on their talks..."

Lacey would continue to eat, this time at a rapid pace. She was now ready to drop the small talk and kick into high gear with this whole hunting thing. Soon enough, her plate would be her representation of a dual animal gravyard and she quickly pulled a toothpick from her vest. She had stuffed herself to the brim, even though the food was only mediocre at best. She would stand from her seat and look to her new friend, still showing signs of seemingly endless energy.

"So, are you ready Mr. Shitai?"
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Lacey would catch sight of Shitai's plate as she asked this then blink for just a second to find his food completely gone and replaced by a large collection of partial skeletons. What a curious girl, seemed she was all ready to go but would she make it past the initial lesson? The previous two people that tried had failed and been banished from his sight forever, they wouldn't even have to get up for it though. A large white bug crawled up the back of Lacey's chair and then settled itself on her shoulder like a cat about to take a nap but only an inch across. Time to see where this went.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Lacey could feel something crawling her from out of nowhere, and as felt for it, the bug seemed to be one step ahead of where she was feeling. When it finally came to rest on her shoulder she turned to find out what kind of bug it was. When she saw it, the first reaction from the kid was to get it off. With insane reflex, she delivered a thunp of thunderous proportion to the bug to get it off of her.

To the poor bug, it would seem like it were a receptionist that got in the way of her father, an incredible stiff arm delivered, but in thunp form. It would send the bug halfway across the cafeteria, and land in someone's food. This could potentially cause an uproar, but Lacey was simply breathing a sigh of relief to Shitai, not knowing these were his antics.

"Man, did you see the size of that thing? I coulda swore it was a roach."
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:12 am

A small swarm of kikaichu flew up from beneath the table and caught the medical insect before it was tossed more than a dozen feet through the air. Shitai nodded his head and looked at his insects as they came back holding the uninjured white counterpart and crawled into his sleeve. "Interesting..." He continued on his way and stood up, looking to Lacey as if nothing had just transpired. "So then, best place to learn medical basics is right here in the hospital. May as well take you with me on my rounds before I clock out." With that he turned and walked towards the door back to the elevator.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Lacey would watch the swarm of bugs apparently rescue their friend, and her jaw dropped. She had just witnessed the biggest attendance of roaches EVER in a room. What made it ever more insane was that the man acted like nothing had happened. He would then walk off, and Lacey collected herself. She would shrug and exhale, following the bug master.

"Man.....this dude....is so......COOL!!"
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:31 am

Shitai approached the elevator again and adjusted his coat before pushing the button to go up. Looking to Lacey he crossed one arm across his torso to rest his elbow on and tapped his chin with one finger while thinking and looking her over a little. "So then, since Nahaji sent you to me I'm gonna guess that you at least have some of the bare basics down. Let me know what all you already can do and we can proceed from there." The elevator came and he walked backwards into it until he was against the back wall without changing anything about his posture otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:12 pm

As Lacey entered the elevator, she decided to stay proper and just stand there, watching AA Shitai made some minor adjustments to his attire before pressing the button. As he did so, Lacey pulled ger hair back, going through the motions of putting it in a ponytail, but never following through with actually making one. This was habit, br as many kids her age, it was a bit late to break it from her. Shitai would proceed to ask about what it was the child knew thus far. Letting her hair fall, Lacey looked to him as he played tag with his chin.

"I know the Mystical Palm and Chakra Scalpel. I have only used the scalpel for minor procedures like adjusting knee ligament functions, but nothing more than that..."

She figured a doctor like him wouldn't think of it as much of a resume, but Lacey wasn't here because of her resume. She was here to grow to create that resume. As the feel of the elevator would ascend them to the proper floor, Lacey simply waited for wither the tone of the machine or the response from Shitai.

Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Shitai listened as she listed off her very short list of skills, seemed that she wasn't even done with the core medical training yet so he let out a simple sigh and responded with his thoughts thus far. "Well then, compared to any other medical shinobi in this village you are the bottom feeder that we all walk upon and normally I would send you back to Nahaji since I have a habit of breaking newer doctors but you must only be like what? Five or Six at the most? So I'll make an exception, just pay attention while I go around checking in on my current patients for the final rounds today then I may try and teach you something to get you off the ground." The elevator beeped and opened but he just stood there with his elbows to either side resting on the brass railing as he waited on a response.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:35 pm

"Im eleven, and I could probably say the same thing if I tossed you a sword, and your like what, 20? I'm a fast learner. My skill set in other areas are waaaay beyond most my age, so spare me the cheap insults Mr. Shitai."

Lacey would look to him then turn and walk out of the elevator. She was extremely offended by his words, but she would use these offensive words as her motivation. With a sigh, she turned and waited for him to remove himself from the contraption and follow Shitai for his rounds.
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:15 am

Shitai seemed genuinely confused, he had in no way meant to insult her but when it came to medicine his personality had a habit of twisting itself around into some nasty positions without him even being aware of it until people told him off like now. In the end he knew words wouldnt help out here so he shrugged and walked around the halls looking in on his patients, it took about half an hour but they all seemed to be in place, the last one however he decided to give a little more attention and walked in to say hello and change out their medicine himself. "How are you today Bachan? I brought you a visitor today, haji-sama's granddaughter.." Shitai stepped to the side and started unhooking her IV and replacing it with a fresh bag, giving Lacey a clear view of the woman. She was kind of large around the gut with wrinkly skin of a tarnish-pale color that the terrible hospital lighting almost made look deep pink-orange. Her hair looked something like Shitai's but with part of it pulled back into a bun like a snow ball on top of a mound. Kashikoi, current head of the Aburame clan after her husband had passed on and grandmother of her own doctor. "Hello dearie, have you come with Shitai to read with me or something or has he at last found his first stalker?" She chuckled at her joke making it obvious she actually knew what was going on, her grandson might be a hard ass when it came to medicine but against a cute little face like her's even his iron heart would be melted into that of a true teacher, eventually.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Edrick
Jōnin
Lacey Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Making their rounds, Lacey studied the goings on in each room, making sure to keep note of any new things that each provided. On the last room, Lacey seemed to be in for a a little surprise. An elderly lady who was rather sweet spoke out to Lacey. Being that she was Lacey's senior, Lacey gave a respectful bow and spoke in an overly friendly tone.

"Good day Miss Bachan. Are you feeling well today? If your wanting a story, I'm afraid all the good ones have escaped me."

Lacey would rise and smile to her, in the corner of her vision, keeping watch on Shitai as he changed the IV. Lacey would wait for any type of instructions given by Shitai. In the meantime, she would gather the finished tray from Bachan's open up table on wheels. She checked to make sure her ice cup was still ok and stepped back, being done with her small assistance, hoping that she would be replying to some conversation by either of the two.
Back to top Go down
Shitai
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Shitai

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Shitai just smirked as his grandmother spoke to Lacey and the little girl was surprisingly repectful. All of the medical things it seemed were taken care of but he enjoyed staying around his grandma as she had been quite the kunoichi in her day and thus had gathered a large amount of wisdom, especially when it came to the medical arts. "Well then, since Lacey doesnt have any stories to tell why dont you tell her a tale of a mission you went on? In the meantime I need to go clock out and finish my shift, be back in a moment." Shitai walked out and the elderly lady patted on a spot next to her on the bed and tried thinking up what she should say to pass the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking My Smoke Break   Taking My Smoke Break I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking My Smoke Break
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next